SKINNY TEXAS CHEESE FRIES, WANT!!
- 2 medium potatoes (2/3 lb total), yukon gold or russet, washed and dried (skin on)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 slice center cut bacon, cooked & finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp diced scallions
- 1 tbsp sliced pickled Jalapeno (jarred on canned)
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thin slices; then cut each slice into 1/4 inch fries.
In a large bowl, combine cut potatoes and oil; toss well. Add seasoning (paprika to salt and pepper). Toss to coat.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a lightly greased large baking sheet. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until tender crisp, turning once half way through (depending on thickness this may require more or less time).
- Remove from oven, place fries into two small oven safe dishes (or one large dish for sharing), top with cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos, scallions and bacon bits and return to oven for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Serve with low fat buttermilk ranch and serve.
Servings: 2 Serving Size: 1/2
Calories: 259 • Fat: 12.3 g • Protein: 10.1 g • Carb: 29 g • Fiber: 2.9 g • Sugar: 1.4 g